Thursday September 22, 2011; 9:35
Location: Dong Nai, Vietnam
Why: Now accepting applications worldwide!
Wanderin' The Globe is seeking an outstanding individual to join our team of one as a Professional Full Time Co-Traveler currently based somewhere in Vietnam. However, in the near future, this will be location independent. Read: somewhere on Planet Earth.
Reporting directly to one's self, the Co-Traveler is responsible for managing their day to day operation waking up and living in the moment. That moment can be a wake up call of throwing a pillow at his/her co-worker's head (Davie Pocstar) and suggesting a cool place for breakfast. Or a quick run around the block, wherever that may be.
Breakfast (or lunch) can look like this:
Lunch or dinner can definitely look like this:
Wanderin' The Globe is a dynamic and rapidly growing manifestation of indefinite nomadic world travel. This position offers a great opportunity for the successful candidate to showcase their sense of adventure and open mindedness to globe trotting.
***Please note below job description also pertains to the Traveler currently residing in this role***
- Reports to one's self and Co-Traveler on daily basis to determine the goals or adventures for the day
- Is conscientious and courteous to the Co-Traveler and any travelers that may join them at any given moment.
- Understands that each day may bring different energy and can effectively communicate this. Read: If candidate needs "alone time", Co-Traveler needs to know. And vice versa.
- Oversees all aspects of one's own happiness as it pertains to planet wandering, new experiences and discoveries.
- Provides leadership, relationship building and direction for the daily functions of traveling.
- Encourages and fosters a spirit of personal development and entrepreneurship - ideas on co-income earning is greatly encouraged
- Conducts informal meetings (preferably over a pint or beverage of choice) to provide feedback, set goals and expectations, and follow up on past, present and future objectives.
Beverage and meeting book can look like this:
Beverage can also involve other travelers, friends or family members. Saying Cheers is a requirement:
Skills and Qualifications
- Some, but not a lot of money required. However, the candidate must be able to provide for one's self in the daily life of budget travel. This can range anywhere from $25-35/day USD. May be less if candidate is open to sharing double rooms with twin beds. And maybe a double bed if hanky panky is mutually agreed upon.
- Previous travel experience is preferred but not essential.
- Strong communication skills at all levels, including eye contact in compromised situations.
- Must be physically active but not necessarily an Ironman athlete.
- Must DEFINITELY have a sense of adventure, humour, wonderment and like fart jokes.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and egoless nature.
- Outgoing, energetic, upbeat and most of all F.U.N.!
Must like the Co-Traveler in helmets of various kinds:
This position is a 24hr a day job. Productivity is not required during sleeping hours. This may include siestas, Chang-overs, and dozing off to a crisp on a beach somewhere hot and sunny.
There will be occasional minutes (or hours) of cleaning up guesthouse/hostel rooms; if only because Co-Traveler does not want to be co-responsible for any items damaged or left behind in said living/sleeping quarters.
Position will require jaunts to border crossings, airports, bus and/or train stations as needed and at all possible hours of the day or night.
Border crossing may look like this:
Being on over night buses may look like this:
So, do you have what it takes? Are you Ting Tong enough for this job? Read: Are you crazy enough for this job?