Tuesday, 27 December 2011

Gummies Dancing to Departures

Tuesday December 27th, 2011; 21:31
Location: Ubud, Bali Indonesia
Why: Getting the munchies while watching Departures.

I have a confession.

Yesterday, I didn't draw my favourite TV show. Instead, I was busy sewing a tie dye dress. By hand. With french seams. It took me hours literally. By the time I'd stopped for the evening my fingers were spent.

So I gave them their beauty sleep and today, they blessed me with a wonderful 1st sketch and a 'meh' 2nd one.

Day 9: Draw My Favourite TV Show:
This was a toss up between the only two shows that ever mattered. After much deliberation, I decided since I am not a serial killer working for Miami Metro as a Blood Splatter Analyst, I couldn't exactly identify with this show as I do the other one. My awesome lil brother introduced me to this show that nailed what I've been contemplating for years. After one episode, I was hooked and inspired to achieve my goal: Travel for one whole year.

If you've been humming and hawwing the very same thing, please, please, please buy, borrow or download (kay maybe don't DL) this show. But at least borrow it.

Once you have watched it, do yourself a favour and buy a one-way ticket to somewhere far!

And if you're still contemplating, take a closer look within yourself. You know you want to do it. So, do it meow:

I am also so bloody proud departures is a Canadian show! Justin, Scott and Andre are amazingly humble which give an authenticity that is often lacking on other travel shows. Seriously, watch this show. And I will shamelessly plug their new series Descending. Going live sometime in January.

Hey Skinner and Bray (Brinner?!), if you guys are reading this, do I get any kick backs for plugging these two shows?

Moving on.....

Day 10: Draw My Favourite Candy:
This one was actually really tough. 1) I am a stoner. Yeah, that's right mum and all my past bosses who may be reading this. 2) I live in BC, where the world's best weed is grown. 3) I lived around the corner from the 7-11 in the West End. Do you know how many times I've walked in baked at midnight with the munchies? I'd always make a beeline for the 5cent candy section. Oh yeah, take me to the candy shop Fiddy.

Along with big foots, coca cola bottles, hot lips and ju jubes, this is also what I get:

Oh and Gummie Worms always make it into the party bag mix with my Dancing Gummie Bears:

Tomorrow's challenge is on a more serious note for me: Draw a Turning Point In My Life. But before I think about how I'm going to draw this, I must get back to my online french lessons.

I didn't tell you? J'apprends le Francais en ligne! Now if I can only figure out how to use the accent keys on this Thai keyboard.....

2 comments:

  1. As one of your former bosses reading this post, I laughed out loud! I heart you Davie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! so glad you read this one. heart you too ish! (:

    ReplyDelete