Monday, 14 January 2013

10,000+ Page Views. Wha?!

lundi, le 14 janvier 2013; 21:01
emplacement: 3 ave Albert Einstein, Batiment E, Chambre 302
pourquoi: I just hit 10,000 page views...might as well keep going!

So, I'm a little bit beside myself. Before I packed it all up and stuffed my life into a Gregory Deva backpack, I mentioned to some friends that I would keep a blog of my wanderings.

Well, a few weeks into my 12 month sojourn, my good friend Asmin C messaged why I hadn't started my blog. Henceforth Wanderin' The Globe was conceived. After hours of trying to figure how the heck I even start a blog, I chose blogspot and ran with it.

Along the way, some readers started running with me, commenting as I rambled anecdotes of stumbling around SE Asia and Europe. I had never done much writing beforehand and was unsure how to go about telling my tales on the trails. Alas, I said Feck It, just write!

So here I am, 20 months later and I'm still rambling away. I try to make my million scattered thoughts into a somewhat coherent piece for each post I write. At first, I didn't think much of it as I served this to be a journal of sorts rather than for an audience. What I've learned from this writing is I write most easily from my own actual experiences. It's the only way I know how. I try not to censor myself too much but also remembering not to give all of myself away.

Recently, I re-read some old posts and thought, I have left myself vulnerable in cyberspace. I have literally put my "Heart on My Sleeve" in some of my posts. That's my terrible attempt in saying 'read the post with that title!' It's in the 2011 November folder....Anyway...one thing that has left me rather surprised is I have never received a negative comment (privately or publicly) from a post.

So, I keep on keepin' on. And here's the kicker: I checked the status of my blog for shits n' gigs just now and hit 10, 016 page views. Wha?! Uh-huh. See, this is a big deal for me because I've just been writing and posting pics for fun. I don't even know how to link my own posts!

But I've seen readers come on to this little amateur site from places far far away. From countries my blog has no business being found.

It is humbling.

So to everyone who has read my tall tales or just blitzed through by accident, thank you for reading Wanderin' The Globe!

Or as I would say in my practicing French: "Merci de lire Wanderin' The Globe!"

Um, I'm living in a French Uni dorm room and some dude is blasting Carly Rae Jepson's Call Me Maybe..... What just happened?

Oh right, I like writing tall tales...that are true!



2 comments:

  1. Congrats Davie! You've got a natural flare for writing engaging stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww Thanks Mark! I think you're officially my most dedicated reader (:
    I am humbled. Again.

    ReplyDelete