Sunday, 27 November 2011

Awakening From My Boy Smitten Slumber

Monday November 28, 2011; 14:33
Location: Ubud, Bali Indonesia
Why: A wild spin in the love blender is all part of The Game.


I am inside Kue cafe, Ubud. Famished after an intense workout at Ubud Fitness Center.

If I was on my mac right now, I could add the accent at the end of Kue - so much sexier:

But Acer One's capabilities will suffice, I suppose.

In the past 3+ weeks, I have been distracted by a certain young lad who set my heart a flutter without even trying. And me, without even looking for it. I love how the inner workings of our hearts just feels whatever it wants to feel, without rhyme or reason. It takes us for a wild spin in the love blender. And when the blender stops, the feeling of sadness is painful and beautiful at the same time.

As the days pass and I slowly awaken from my boy smitten slumber, I am reminded that this travel lifestyle is all part of the game. The intense moments I've shared with people make me feel more alive than any temple or museum I may wander into. I've had so many alive moments that it has left me exhausted.

Suffice to say, I am happy to stay put for a little while. My new home in Ubud suits me well, despite the initial hiccup I experienced with my housemate, a lovely Australian woman whom I can learn a lot from. After letting go of my ego and all the stories I'd manifested in my head, I realized I stumbled upon quite a gem. The dust has settled. The cute young lad is gone, though I remain hopeful that we will meet again one day.

So, I continue to live passionately and in the moment.

Right now, I am passionately savouring my Creme brulee with coconut:

I am content with days of yoga, running, and cycling around Ubud. It is nice to be anonymous again. I am free, uninhibited. I am who and where I want to be.

I am also in love with the frog that hangs around my house. He hops around fearless of me.

I even found him hanging outside my bedroom:

As long as I don't find him sleeping next to me in bed, I think we will live harmoniously together. I'd much rather a certain Monkey in my bed instead. You know who you are *wink*

Always the boy crazy gal that I am, I sign off with the promise to snap out of my reverie and write about...Malaysia! Tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that frog!! :) .....have you given him a name?
    I kinda what to see snaps of your place too, if you have the chance.

    Take Care Davie
    xo
    Elise

    ReplyDelete