Wednesday, 30 November 2011

This Is Not a Love Song

Wednesday November 30th, 2011; 17:18
Location: Nyuh Kuning, Ubud, Bali Indonesia
Why: The complicated beatings of my heart.

Well this has never happened before. Two posts in one day?? I'm actually going to post it tomorrow so you can have a chance to read about the Melakan Refugees' shenanigans first.

After proof reading today's post, the mere thought of a certain young lad conjured up some inspiration. He had said I was quite the poet. Really? Hmmm

As I was riding my bicycle home from the yoga studio, a melody formed in my head and I started humming it along Monkey Forest road. As it manifested, so did some words. By the time I parked my red two wheeler, I couldn't get the words out fast enough.

I scribbled madly in my sketchbook. 

The words poured out like a raging river. Some of it true, some part of the creative over flow:



Here are the results:


Your Lips I’ll Never Kiss
Wednesday, November 30, 2011; 5:03pm

So many times I try not to think of you
So many times before the day is through
I walk around to the places we have been
I look at all the things you and I have seen

They just remind me of the possibilities

Your lips I’ll never kiss
Your hands I’ll never hold
Your laugh I’ll always miss
Long before I grow old

Time passes by, the days are dull
When you were here, it was short but full
We walked and talked in a hazy swirl
Together, we were just a boy and a girl

It all reminds me of the possibilities

Your lips I’ll never kiss
Your hands I’ll never hold
Your laugh I’ll always miss
Long before I grow old

What has become of me
My heart unravels in misery
It bleeds with the thought I’ll never feel love again
My mind tells me to move on but I don’t know when

Yet all I know are possibilities

Your lips I’ll never kiss
Your hands I’ll never hold
Your laugh I’ll always miss
Long before I grow old



Ah, feck it, I'm posting it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment