Thursday, 22 December 2011

Straight to the Drawing Board!

Friday December 23rd, 2011; 14:32
Location: Ubud, Bali Indonesia
Why: Best mates and princesses. All in a day's drawing.

I love how my hand and pencil is treating me today. Kay, so you know how yesterday I was going on about digressing and getting easily distracted?

Not today my friends. This gal is a drawing fiend right now. That's right, I am caught up on this 30 Day Drawing Challenge. I woke up this morning, had a lovely breakfast and conversation with Jasmine and went straight to the drawing board. Pun, definitely intended.

After a few hours, here is what I've churned out. **pats herself on the back for being focused**

Day 5: Draw My Best Mate:
This is my best mate, Monte. We have known each other for 13 years. Words cannot describe how much I love him. I've never known anyone who has understood me better than him. I've also never known anyone to get under my skin too!

Work in Progress. Please excuse the bad lighting, it is pouring rain today:

A bit of shading here, darkening some lines there. Et voila! Un dessin complet:

Boyaa!! Day 5 is done! I just realized I wrote Day 4 in the sketchbook...bah!

Day 6: Draw My Favourite Book Character; cannot be a movie:
This was so fun to draw! My favourite character is Elizabeth from the Paper Bag Princess. Written by my favourite children's book author, Robert Munsch. 

Love her so much I was Her for Halloween last year:

And here is the spunky Elizabeth:

Close up. Oops, Day 6, not 5:

So there you have it. Sometimes, I just don't understand the workings of my brain. But when it's working, it makes me happy.

The challenge tomorrow: Draw my favourite word. Gonna go for a walk for this one. In the rain.

2 comments:

  1. Loving your drawing series, so much fun to follow along and admire your fantastic work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Sherri! so glad you're following my blog (:

    ReplyDelete